Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mrs. Joyce Whitt

This post is very special to me.

Let me begin 30 years ago. When I came to live with my grandparents at the age of 5, there was a very special lady at church that began loving me like I was her granddaughter. (She and my grandmother were great friends.) She would bring me “special” things to church. She always had a big smile on her face and she made you feel like you were the only person in the world. To tell you how special she was-- her and her husband sit where my grandparents would have sit at my wedding. She has been sick along time. Last summer, she was in rehab and I took my boys to see her. She was tickled to death to see them. On April 22, 2011 on my way home from school, I called my grandmother to check in and she told me that Mrs. Joyce Whitt had died. I was in total shock. That whole weekend was an emotional roller coaster. On Easter Sunday, I went to her funeral. What a sad day!


I will miss her so much.

No comments: